Startup Denver Presents: Every Great Sales Team Needs a Great Strategy. Here's Yours.
- Tuesday, August 28th
- Hosted by Soda Pop Garage
- Doors Open 5:30 - Showtime @ 6pm
Who It’s For
- Entrepreneurs who want to transition away from “founder-based selling” and grow a dedicated sales team
- Sales leaders frustrated by their team’s lack of consistency
- Anyone who desires a more predictable sales pipeline
What You’ll Learn
What do Bill Belichick, Pat Summitt & Steve Kerr all have in common? They all won numerous championships by developing an offensive system bigger than the talents of any one star player.
In this workshop, we’ll uncover the 3 keystones of a winning B2B sales approach: a discovery framework, consistent sales process and specialized sales roles.
You’ll leave with insight on how to ask the right questions to understand client motivation, differentiate yourself from the competition and close the right deals.
- How to quickly assess the viability of new opportunities to effectively prioritize your team’s time
- How to evolve your client-facing team from order-takers to consultants
- How to take sales pipeline review meetings from painful to productive
About Your Instructor
As Managing Partner at Pitch Lab, Jay Mays helps growth-stage, B2B companies build a sales approach that’s predictable, repeatable and scalable – while helping client-facing teams be more confident, engaging presenters.
Throughout his 20-year career in sales and business development, Jay has established multi-million dollar relationships with clients including AT&T, Meijer, FedEx and Universal Music Group.
Jay’s passion isn’t limited to sales, he’s also into cortados, 90s alt rock, the beach, The Onion, Larry David, dry socks, dark chocolate and of course his family.
What Folks Are Saying About Pitch Lab!
“I've worked with a lot of sales consultants over the years, and I can I say unequivocally Jay was the best. He took the time to understand our company, culture and service offerings and then custom create a sales process for us.”
-- Natalie Henley, CEO Volume Nine
“Jay is able to think on both strategic and operational levels and is the kind of guy you want leading your deal making. Adept at turning ambiguous conversations into multi million dollar business relationships, Jay delivers.”
-- Brian Casazza, CIO Vistage Worldwide
“Yeah, he’s alright…”
-- Toni Mays, Jay’s wife