Be Story Driven: Improve Your Pitch with Storytelling & Improv!
- Monday, September 10th
- Hosted by The Commons on Champa
- Doors Open 5:30 - Showtime @ 6pm
Who Is This For?
- Entrepreneurs and salespeople who want to be more influential presenters
- Client-facing team members who aspire to stay sharp, engaging speakers
- Anyone who wants to differentiate from the competition
What You’ll Learn
60 seconds, 90 seconds, maybe 120 if you are lucky?
That is often all the time it takes for an investor to decide whether your idea is worth it.
The ability to pitch in a confident, concise, and let’s admit it, entertaining way can make all the difference in whether you succeed or fail.
In this session, acclaimed improv coach and Second City alum Michael Collins will help you refine and perfect your pitch so your story becomes as compelling as your concept.
Takeaways from the Stage
- How to use improv comedy as a tool to be a better listener, take responsible risks and stay positive in the face of adversity
- How to use "Yes, And" to communicate your ideas more effectively
- How to embrace the fear of failure to let your creativity flourish
About Your Instructor
Be Story Driven Founder, Michael Collins, is a long‐time performer and instructor, graduating from the renowned Second City Conservatory in Chicago.
Michael has performed on stage and in front of the camera in Chicago, Los Angeles and Denver, and was a host for Outside Television.
He is well‐known in the Denver improv community and can be seen on occasion performing at Lannie’s Clocktower Caberet, The Avenue Theater, and Voodoo Comedy Theatre.
What Folks Are Saying About Be Story Driven!
“Be Story Driven was a key factor in helping our sales team create a more meaningful connection to our steps of sales process.”
— Mike Morgan, Regional Manager, Sears Home Services
“We experienced ‘ah-ha moments’ in the simple communication and awareness exercises borrowed from acting and improvisation.”
— Sarah Cearley, Executive Director, ARJLAP
“Simply put, Be Story Driven helped us bring our story to life.”
— Anne-Marie Desmond, The Youth Foundation