Strategic Storytelling for Startups
- Tuesday, April 11th
- Hosted by Commons on Champa
- Doors open 530, Showtime @6p
About This Event
Telling a great story is more than showcasing your product, market opportunity or expertise. Great stories, the ones that lead to action, are constructed in a way that brings together the human need to ‘fight or flight’, with an actionable solution.
In this Pitch Lab workshop, we'll discuss common mistakes startups make when telling stories and provide a toolkit so you can avoid them.
We’ll also dive into the science of storytelling and why the hero's journey is more than just a Hollywood structure.
- Storytelling framework to understand why stories work and how to improve yours through small changes
- Techniques on how to quickly connect and form a trusting relationship with audiences
- 5 story types all startup founders need to master
About The Instructor
Led by storytelling expert, Tim Shisler, Founder of RackFocus.io. Tim works with a number of accelerator programs including Techstars Boulder, Galvanize, Travelport Labs and Catalyze CU.
Tim's professional speaking experience includes TEDxBoulder, Ignite Boulder, General Assembly, Denver Startup Week, Society of American Travel Writers Global Convention and TBEX workshops.