7 Comedy Techniques That Will Make You A More Engaging Speaker!
- Monday, March 12th
- Hosted by General Assembly @ INDUSTRY RiNo Station
- Doors open 5:30 Showtime @ 6p
- V.I.P. Tickets $35
Who Is This Workshop For?
- Entrepreneurs & salespeople who want to differentiate from the competition
- Client-facing team members who want to be more influential speakers
- Executives who aspire to stay sharp, engaging leaders
- Stand-up comedy fans interested in “pulling back the curtain”
What Will You Learn?
A great comedy performance—like a great presentation—is all about delivery.
Learn how to better utilize your body and voice to pitch in a clear, entertaining and unforgettable way using proven techniques from your favorite comedians like Chris Rock, Jim Gaffigan and Tina Fey!
Takeaways From The Stage
- Actionable strategies on how to improve your delivery and room command to become a more engaging presenter
- Tips on how to utilize your voice to build tension, punctuate critical points and truly be heard
- How to collaborate more effectively using “Yes, And”
- The importance of breaking the “4th Wall” to increase audience engagement
- Techniques to manage pre-pitch stage fright
About Your Instructor
Jay Mays is a 20-year sales veteran and stand-up comedy producer. From his underdog beginnings in dive bars to being awarded Best Comedy Venue in Miami, Jay has produced live comedy events for some of the biggest names in entertainment including Viacom, Soho House & Live Nation.
As co-founder of Pitch Lab, Jay combines the seemingly disparate worlds of sales and comedy to help professionals be more engaging speakers.
What Past Attendees Are Saying About Pitch Lab:
“Who would have thought that stand-up comedy and pitching share so much in common? Pitch Lab delivers a slew of invaluable tips and tricks to improve your public speaking ability in a fun (and funny!) way."
– Kevin Cook, Amazon
“Pitch Lab was so awesome! Not sure if I learned or laughed more. We all know a great presenter when we see one, but I never analyzed what makes them great. While what you say is important, it's all of the other details of presenting that play a crucial role in turning a good speaker into a truly captivating presenter.”
– Ashley Brafford, Moore Communications Group
"The whole Pitch Lab concept allows you to not worry about the pitch topic and focus on getting better as a presenter. The insights from the comedian, improv expert and public speaking expert were very useful, and I had a lot of fun.”
- Patrick Murphy, Pandora