How To Be A More Engaging Speaker Using Stand-Up Comedy, ft. Ben Kronberg!
- Tuesday, October 17th
- Hosted by Thrive Workplace - Cherry Creek
- Doors Open 5:30 - Showtime @ 6pm
- VIP Tickets $30
Who Is This For?
Whether it's asking your boss for a raise, presenting a sprint demo or pitching a prospective customer, most of us are in sales whether we like it or not. This workshop is geared toward:
- Entrepreneurs & salespeople who want to differentiate from the competition
- Client-facing team members who want to be more influential speakers
- Executives who aspire to stay sharp, engaging leaders
- Stand-up comedy fans interested in “pulling back the curtain”
What Will You Learn?
What do Chris Rock, Louis CK & Tina Fey have in common? They all achieved remarkable success on stage because of their ability to command a room.
93% of what you communicate comes from your presence, body language and vocal tone; only 7% comes from what you actually say. It’s time to stop obsessing over decks and start obsessing over your presentation.
Like a great comedy performance, a great presentation is all about delivery. Learn how to better utilize your body and voice to pitch in an engaging, entertaining and unforgettable way using proven techniques from your favorite comedians.
Takeaways From The Stage
- Actionable strategies on how to improve your delivery and room command to become a more engaging presenter
- Tips on how to utilize your voice to build tension, punctuate critical points and truly be heard
- How to move with purpose during a pitch
- The importance of breaking the “4th Wall” to increase audience engagement
- Techniques to manage pre-pitch stage fright
About Your Instructors
Ben is a New York based stand-up comedian who headlines comedy clubs and festivals all over the world. You’ve seen Ben tell jokes on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Late Night With Seth Meyers, John Oliver’s NY Stand-Up Show and his very own Half Hour Comedy Special on Comedy Central.
Jay is a 20-year sales veteran and stand-up comedy producer. From his underdog beginnings in dive bars to being awarded Best Comedy Venue in Miami, Jay has produced live comedy events for some of the biggest names in entertainment including Viacom, Soho House & Live Nation. As co-founder of Pitch Lab, Jay combines the seemingly disparate worlds of sales and comedy to help Denver professionals be funnier, more engaging speakers.
What Past Attendees Are Saying About Pitch Lab:
“Pitch Lab was so awesome! Not sure if I learned or laughed more. We all know a great presenter when we see one, but I never analyzed what makes them great. While what you say is important, it's all of the other details of presenting that play a crucial role in turning a good speaker into a truly captivating presenter.”
– Ashley Brafford, Moore Communications Group
“I loved the comedic examples and how famous comedians also incorporate public speaking methods in their stand-up. It was a great reminder that presentations don’t have to be boring. Even a sales pitch can be funny and engaging! This workshop taught me so many applicable things, that will help me with my next work presentation and beyond.”
– Olivia Tkach, Volume Nine
"The whole Pitch Lab concept allows you to not worry about the pitch topic and focus on getting better as a presenter. The insights from the comedian, improv expert and public speaking expert were very useful, and I had a lot of fun.”
– Patrick Murphy, Pandora